Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Still Trying To Survive Between Work And Parenting


I made up the decision to leave my 9 to 5 office work and being a stay at home mum when my friend offered me an oppoturnity to work from home. I was getting quite tired everyday since I need to travel quite a long distance to the office and at the same time I am looking for something different. Yes ! I am not a person that perform well under pressure or I totally don't like it at all. I need to find a balance between well being and work. That is my philosophy of life - enjoy or relax while working. So the offer match my need and I just grab it ! Thanks to my friend too !

So that's how I started my journey as working from home mum. Well, I married at the age of 26, considered quite young among Chinese society. I gave birth to my first son, Justin on 12 Oct 2003.
He is a lovely boy and I love him very much. So this blog is dedicated to him too.

I considered myself patient enough to look after him but sometimes I do lost my temper too. He is 3 years old now and being very active all the time ! My approach in educating a child is just let them do whatever they want to do since they are still kids and full of curiosity. So I let him explore whatever around him. Banging on things, tearing papers, drawing, painting. But sometimes rules are needed as well.

One thing we noticed recently was he is started to showing his good manners like saying 'Thank you' everytime people give him things, say 'Please' when asking for something. He even know how to say 'Sorry' when bump on someone ! Great progress for him.

I think it all starts from the parent themself on how to teach the child good things. You yourself need to take the first step and show the right manners yourself in order to let your child follows.

So education starts from family not school sound quite true to me ! :>

1 comment:

http://chinese.yenjai.net said...

Hi there.
Glad that you made a positive change in your life.
Cute kid you have there.